Ernisa was betascale Labs’ very first intern and got promoted to Junior Frontend Engineer last December. Today, we get to know her a little better and learn what she loves about her work, why she chose betascale, what her motto is, and what message she would write on a billboard for millions of people to see.
Quick facts about Ernisa:
- From: Lives and works in Prishtina, Kosovo
- Motto: You never know how strong you are until you have no choice but to be strong. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- Her style in one word: Energetic!
- What makes Ernisa happy: Spending time with loved ones, accomplishing goals to succeed at work, traveling and experiencing new places and cultures.
What is your background?
I have been working as an intern for the past nine months, three of which I spent at betascale Labs. Recently I was promoted as a Junior Frontend Engineer, which has given me more responsibilities and opportunities to grow my skills.
Why did you choose betascale Labs?
betascale’s vision of becoming the leading company builder for SaaS in Switzerland, creating 2,000 jobs and supporting the growth of 50 companies within the next 5 years excited me and I wanted to be part of it.
What does your day-to-day work as a frontend developer look like?
My workday revolves around reviewing and discussing project requirements and design with the development team. A significant portion of my job consists of writing, testing, and debugging code for web-based applications using technologies like React. Another part of my typical workday is troubleshooting and debugging issues that arise. In addition, I keep up to date with the latest front-end development technologies and trends to incorporate them into projects.
What do you love most about your work at betascale Labs and what have been your biggest learnings so far?
I enjoy using my creativity and problem-solving skills. Every day, new difficulties and opportunities arise to think outside the box and develop creative solutions. I enjoy the dynamic nature of my job as a front-end developer and the knowledge I gain here at betascale Labs every day. My biggest learning experiences so far have been my dedication to my work and my desire to help betascale as a whole achieve more.
Profitability, Collaboration, Results, Efficiency, Diversity and Inclusion and Belonging, and Iteration: at betascale, we live our six core values. Which of them resonate with you the most?
Collaboration, Inclusion and Efficiency.
Can you tell us about a hobby or interest you have outside of work?
I like to spend my free time cooking, reading books, watching movies and being with my family.
How would your friends describe you?
As a positive, energetic and simply very motivated person.
Is there something you’re particularly passionate about and would like to share with us?
One day I would love to create my own thing that is related to my profession.
Do you have role models?
Yes, I have some role models who inspire me. Most of them are people who have overcome difficulties and achieved great things in the face of obstacles. My role models are people who are successful in their field. I try to learn from their experiences, from the consistency of their hard work and dedication (exactly as I do from my leaders 🙂 )
How do you handle stress and pressure in your life? Any specific life hacks?
I’m working on it more and trying not to stress myself out when I feel pressure. Because stress is not the answer.
Great reminder! Since most betascalers live not only in different cities, but in different countries: What is something we need to know about Prishtina?
There are many historical buildings and beautiful natural landscapes to visit. The city is well known for great food, friendly and warm people.
Wrap-up with 7 rapid-fire questions
- Favorite song? Unstoppable from Sia – this is the song that always makes my code work 🙂
- Favorite food and drink? “Fli”, a traditional Albanian food, and Sparkling Strawberry-Ginger Lemonade.
- Morning or evening person? Always a morning person.
- Favorite book, movie/series or podcast? The Billion Dollar Code (a series based on true events that tells the story of two German computer pioneers who go to court for their rights as inventors of the Google Earth algorithm)
- Common misconceptions about frontend developers? Sometimes a client wants to change the design and thinks that we are some kind of wizard and can change complex things in no time.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? A good piece of advice that was once given to me is that good things take time. Sometimes it’s better to take things slowly so you can get on the right track. Also, it’s never too late to be who you could have been.
- What message would you put on a billboard that millions of people could see? In this world, we are created to be unique in something we do. We just have to discover it in ourselves.
The future is not shaped by dreamers nor managers. But by doers. betascale unites doers from the entrepreneurial, corporate and financial worlds and supplies them with what they need, when they need it. From idea to exit. At betascale we are on an ambitious mission: to build the #1 company builder for SaaS in Switzerland and creating 2,000 jobs and 50 companies in 5 years!