Filiza joined betascale Labs in May as an intern and was recently promoted to Junior Frontend Developer. Today, we get to know her a little better and learn what she loves about her work, why she chose betascale, what her motto is, and what message she would write on a billboard for millions of people to see.
Quick facts about Filiza:
- From: Originally from Peja, Kosovo, but lives and works in Prishtina
- Motto: Courage in every step, kindness in every gesture
- What makes Filiza happy: Achieving goals, helping others, learning and growing, maintaining strong relationships with family, friends, and loved ones
What is your background?
I have been working as an intern for the last six months, three of which were at betascale Labs. Recently I got promoted to Junior Frontend Engineer.
Why did you choose betascale Labs?
I’ve always held great respect for the leadership at betascale Labs, I’ve heard a lot of commendable things about the team here, and the opportunity to work with such professionals was irresistible.
What does your day-to-day work as a Frontend Developer look like?
As a Junior Frontend Developer, my daily tasks revolve around integrated frontend development, bug fixes, testing and debugging.
What do you love most about your work at betascale Labs?
I truly cherish working at betascale labs for a number of reasons. As a Frontend Developer, I grow from the daily challenges and new opportunities that come my way, so there is never a dull moment. The time spent with my talented colleagues and the exceptional leadership makes every project a pleasure. Beyond the technical achievements, it’s the fun we have and the shared successes that make each day truly worthwhile.
Profitability, Collaboration, Results, Efficiency, Diversity and Inclusion and Belonging, and Iteration: at betascale, we live our six core values. Which of them resonate with you the most?
Collaboration, results, and efficiency.
Can you tell us about a hobby or interest you have outside of work?
I enjoy reading books, watching TV shows, and spending time with my family and friends.
How would your friends describe you?
As an energetic and kind person.
Is there something you’re particularly passionate about and would like to share with us?
My passion lies in creating and developing software that simplifies and enhances everyday life.
Do you have role models?
My colleagues are my role models in every aspect.
How do you handle stress and pressure in your life? Any specific life hacks?
I try to deal with stress as best I can, but I work in a company where stress is not part of it.
Nice to hear! Since most betascalers live not only in different cities, but in different countries: What is something we need to know about Peja?
Peja is one of the oldest cities in Kosovo and has been inhabited for almost two millennia. Its history reflects the diverse cultures and empires that have influenced the region. Just outside Peja you can find the Rugova Canyon, known for its breathtaking landscapes and as a popular destination for hiking, climbing and paragliding.
Wrap-up with 7 rapid-fire questions
- Favorite music? Miley Cyrus
- Favorite food and drink? Lasagna and Coca-Cola
- Morning or evening person? Evening person
- Favorite book? Magjia e urtisë by Daut Demaku
- Common misconceptions about Frontend Developers? Once you’ve learned a basic framework, you’re set for life. The technological landscape is rapidly evolving. Frameworks and tools that are popular today may be replaced or updated tomorrow. Continuous learning is therefore essential
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Do what you’re afraid to do
- What message would you put on a billboard that millions of people could see? Be kind. Always
The future is not shaped by dreamers nor managers. But by doers. betascale unites doers from the entrepreneurial, corporate and financial worlds and supplies them with what they need, when they need it. From idea to exit. At betascale we are on an ambitious mission: to build the #1 company builder for SaaS in Switzerland and creating 2,000 jobs and 50 companies in 5 years!